Land rig services covers a wide variety of projects and services related to onshore drilling rigs, oilfield service companies and drilling equipment refurbishment. This business unit operates from facilities in Hamriyah, Jebel Ali and Dubai Investments Park, as well as providing field services as required.
Scope of Work
- New build land rigs
- Land rig refurbishment, upgrade and recertification
- Land and offshore drilling rig rotary equipment inspection and overhaul
- Land camp construction and refurbishment
- Site deployment of personnel worldwide
- Engineering and fabrication of structural & piping packages and machined items
A look back to 2015
Land Rig Services completed 13 projects in 2015, covering the refurbishment and upgrade of land rigs or component parts as well as support for onshore drilling activities, and has worked on three projects for a new Kuwaiti client. Lamprell has started the process of marketing its first land rig based on its own proprietary design. There has been considerable interest in the rig and the Group has been giving demonstrations of its capabilities to clients in early 2016.
- Land rig services have the following accreditation:
- API 4F (drilling and well servicing structures) – Hamriyah, Jebel Ali and DIP
- API 8C & 7K licenses (drilling equipment refurbishment) – Hamriyah
- API 2C (crane recertification) – Hamriyah
- API 16C (choke and kill manifolds) – Hamriyah and DIP
- 16D (control systems for drilling well control equipment and control systems for diverter equipment) – Hamriyah