Statistics and Highlights
The health and safety of personnel is a key focus area and a core value within Lamprell and on an annual basis Lamprell publishes a range of leading and lagging HSES indicators to help drive HSES improvement within the business. Each year we set strategic objectives, KPI targets and key deliverables. Our Total Recordable Injury Rate (“TRIR”) in 2015 was 0.31 which is considered industry leading and a statistic we are truly proud of.
Lamprell TRIR Statistics December 2014 - 2015
Safety Highlights in 2015 (year ending 31 December)
- Successful heat stress management campaign which resulted in zero recordable heat stress incidents
- Three years without a DAFWC for both the Jebel Ali and Dubai facilities
- 6.1 million manhours and 551 days without DAFWC for the Sharjah facility
These results were achieved through a number of safety initiatives including:
- Company-wide occupational health and safety campaigns focused around fatal risk management;
- Dropped object safety awareness campaign to highlight and reduce the dangers associated with falling tools and materials in fabrication yards;
- ‘Take 5’ hazard evaluation initiative which requires all operational personnel to assess their work areas for potential hazards and rectify them prior to any work being undertaken; and
- The provision of external Institute of Occupational Safety and Health training courses for supervisors and Construction Industry Training Board certification for Company supervisors and scaffolders.
Lamprell is committed to achieving an incident and injury free culture for all stakeholders. To help achieve this goal, hazard identification workshops as well as client and Lamprell safety review meetings are standard for each project, which subcontractors are required to attend. This process enables clear communication of health and safety expectations and standards, and allows all parties to share their industry experience on how to achieve a safer work environment. All Lamprell employees continually strive to ensure that operations are performed in a safe working manner.